____ _ ____ _ ___ _ / ___|_ __ _ _ _ __ | |_ ___ | _ \ __ _ _ __| |_ _ _ / _ \ ___| | ___ | | | '__| | | | '_ \| __/ _ \| |_) / _` | '__| __| | | | | | | / __| |/ _ \ | |___| | | |_| | |_) | || (_) | __/ (_| | | | |_| |_| | | |_| \__ \ | (_) | \____|_| \__, | .__/ \__\___/|_| \__,_|_| \__|\__, | \___/|___/_|\___/ |___/|_| |___/
- When: Friday 16th November, 2012 @ 19:00hs (Note the date has changed from saturday to friday!)
- Where: Hackeriet, the Hackerspace at Hausmania Culture House
- Address: Hausmanns gate 34, Map
- Contact: Warlo
- Bring: Computer(s), phone(s) or any device you use to access the internet or communicate alongside with food, drinks and as many questions or comments on safety in telecomunications and privacy.
- Expect: Understand why and how to protect your privacy and remain safe without much complications.
- Confirm: You can help us estimate how much people is coming by adding yourself to the event at Hackeriet's Meetup
- Flyer: http://spreadubuntu.org/files/Flyer.png
We will work on
- Data Retention Directive 2006/24/EC and Writen Declaration 29
- Sweden's FRA law, Titan traffic database and their implications for Norway citizens.
- Internet Tracking & Profiling (Facebook, Google, Skype, etc)
- Non-free software and its implications on privacy and safety
- Data & Full Disk Encryption to protect your stuff
- Tor for anonymous Internet browsing
- Enigmail for safety and privacy on Email
- OTR and CryptoCat for private chat
- Firefox + addons + safety measures for Internet browsing
- How and why to pick good passwords
- Mobile safety