Edmonton New Technology Society - CryptoParty 1.0
Come learn how to safeguard your privacy and protect your personal information using freely available cryptographic tools and safe computing habits.
- Tentative agenda (subject to change)
- A brief history of cryptography
- Protecting stored data: how to encrypt a hard drive or flash drive
- Protecting transmitted data: how to communicate securely via email, web, and chat
- Passwords, two-factor authentication, and how to manage them
Following informal talks by security experts, there will be a Q&A and time to install some of the tools you have just learned about. Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, USB drive, etc.), and lots of questions.
- Free and open to all (you do not need to be an ENTS member to attend)
- Fri Apr 5, 2013 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- 11234 109 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- Further details
- See the ENTS calendar for updates on this event.