The 02/23/2013 Cryptoparty will run from 3pm-5pm and will be at Encuentro 5, 9 Hamilton Place, Suite 2A, Boston, a quick walk from the State House and will last two hours. Space is limited to around 35 people. The current schedule is:
- Why protect yourself (3-3:30pm)
- Using Tor (3:30-4pm)
- Using I2P (4-4:30pm)
- Encrypting your File & disks (4:30-5pm)
If you are interested in attending it or a future one, contact @jpokeefe on Twitter or email jokeefe (at) jamesokeefe (dot) org.
What to Bring
Bring a laptop and yourself.
We will post where all applicable updates are so you should install them before you come to the party.
- For Tor, people should download a distribution from https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html
- for SSL
Do not bring removable media to pass out to attendees, by definition it can't be trusted.
All software will have to be downloaded and cryptographically verified (don't worry, we'll teach you how to do that) by the attendee.
We recorded most of the talks and are working to put the video up. Check back for the latest links.
- Truecrypt/LUKS, OTR, Secure VoIP/SIP w/ Jitsi, Bitcoin & data liberation
- Counter surveillance by David House of the Bradley Manning Support Network & Andrew Lewman of the Tor Project Part 1 Part 2
- Encrypt to Live talk by Andrew Lewman of the Tor Project
Raw videos from a number of the talks are at the Tor Project.
The Boston Area #cryptoparty was Sunday, Oct. 21 from noon-6pm. Over 50 people attended during the course of the day.
The schedule was:
|noon-1pm||Downstairs||Using Tor and the Tor Browser Bundle - Steve & Andrew|
|Upstairs||PGP/GnuPG Key Generation & Use - Ross & Kevin|
|1pm-2pm||Downstairs||Encrypt your disks with Truecrypt and LUKS - Kevin|
|Upstairs||Encrypt to Live - Andrew|
|2pm-3pm||Downstairs||Secure yourself with SSL & Authentication - John|
|Upstairs||Live Streaming - Rene & Tracy|
|3pm-4pm||Downstairs||Protecting yourself with VPNs - David B.|
|Upstairs||Counter surveillance - Andrew & David H.|
|4pm-5pm||Downstairs||PGP/GnuPG Key Generation & Use - Ross & Kevin|
|Upstairs||File Sharing in Private - Erik|
|5pm-6pm||Downstairs||Using Tor and the Tor Browser Bundle - Steve & Andrew|
|Upstairs||Encrypt your disks with Truecrypt and LUKS - Kevin|
Spread the Word
- Tor Project
- Free School University
- Occupy Boston Information Tech Group
- ACLU of Mass.
- Pirate & Privacy activists